The Host Chapter 26

The Host Chapter 26
Yogesh
The Host Chapter 26
CHAPTER 26 Returned Without ever actually agreeing to do it, I became the teacher Jeb wanted. My “class” was informal. I answered questions every night after dinner. I found that as long as I was willing to do this, Ian and Doc and Jeb would leave me alone during the day so that I could concentrate on my chores. We always convened in the kitchen; I liked to help with the baking while I spoke. It gave me an excuse to pause before answering a difficult question, and somewhere to look when I didn't want to meet anyone's eyes. In my head, it seemed fitting; my words were sometimes upsetting, but my actions were always for their good. I didn't want to admit that Jamie was right. Obviously, people didn't like  me. They couldn't; I wasn't one of them. Jamie liked me, but that was just some strange chemical reaction that was far from rational. Jeb liked me, but Jeb was crazy. The rest of them didn't have either excuse. No, they didn't like me. But things changed when …