The Host Chapter 19

The Host Chapter 19
Yogesh
The Host Chapter 19
CHAPTER 19 Abandoned Who is the Seeker in black? Why is it still searching?” Jared's shout was deafening, echoing at me from all sides. I hid behind my hands, waiting for the first blow. “Ah–Jared?” Ian murmured. “Maybe you should let me…” “Stay out of it!” Ian's voice got closer, and the rocks grated as he tried to follow Jared into the small space that was already too full. “Can't you see it's too scared to talk? Leave it alone for a sec –” I heard something scrape the floor as Jared moved, and then a thud. Ian cursed. I peered through my fingers to see that Ian was no longer visible and Jared had his back to me. Ian spit and groaned. “That's twice,” he growled, and I understood that the punch meant for me had been diverted by Ian's interference. “I'm ready to go for three,” Jared muttered, but he turned back around to face me, bringing light with him; he'd grabbed the lamp with the hand that had struck Ian. The cave seemed almost brilliant after so much darkness. J…